On Wednesday night, the Democratic controlled House approved a historically huge $819 billion stumulus bill with spending increases and tax cut at the heart of President Obama's plan to help restore a hurt economy.....Included is money for traditional job-creating programs such as highway construction and mass transit projects.....Tens of billions of additional dollars would go to the states.....The centerpiece tax cut calls for a $500 break for single workers and $1,000 for couples, including those who don't earn enough to owe federal income taxes.....
A mere eight days after Inauguration Day, Speaker Nancy Pelosi said the events heralded a new era. "The ship of state is difficult to turn," said the California Democrat. "But that is what we must do. That is what President Obama called us to do in his inaugural address."
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts of the Week
-
I came across this video and it when I watched it, a gratifying energy came over me. I think I was more thankful that it made connections an...
-
In today's marketing world one of the biggest challenges that brands are trying to understand is how to measure ROI in their social mark...
-
The Sistine chapel ceiling frescoe is well-known amongst the religious and spiritual faithfuls.It has been interpreted by many as the pain...
-
UFO and Egyptian artifacts have been discovered at the home of an archeologist named William Petrie in Jerusalem. Many of his discoveries ...
No comments:
Post a Comment